Tuesday 9 August 2011

Allure: Superdrug Haulage



I had anxiously been waiting to get hold of the new Pout Paints from Sleek and obviously stumbled across a few other things when I stopped off to Superdrug.


First off, I browsed the Me Me Me counter and was itching for a new blusher but instead I picked up the Me Me Me Shimmer Stack. There are three stacks to choose from; the Gold Stack, Bronze Stack or Pink Stack. Admittedly, I did want bag all three of them, which led to my executive decision of choosing the Gold Stack. Seeing as we are in the Summer months, I did want to have a quick go-to bronzer that will give a sun-kissed look. Using this, it did just that - result!! The stack has five shades which can double up as eye shadow. I have so far only doubled the white shade as a brow highlighter and it works a treat. The stack will set you back approximately £8.99 which I think it is worth it as I didn't have to top up once through the day!


Moving onto the Pout Paints... I am very impressed to Sleek's answer to OCC's Lip Tar. The Pout Paints are priced at £4.99 and are currently 3 for 2 at Superdrug. I was a hard choice to choose which three I wanted to go home with. The first choice was going to be a natural/Coral shade so I picked up 'Milkshake' then I decided I wanted a raspberry/red shade and chose 'Port' and the last shade is a middle of the road pink 'Rosette.' You literally only need to use a dab (not a pea size amount - the smallest amount going). There has been speculation on whether to use a lip brush or finger to apply this. So what I did was used a neutral lip liner and dabbed my lip liner brush into the paint and used this small smidgen on both top and bottom lips. This was enough to last from 9am to noon! Impressive! I did use my finger to blend in but I kind of regretted it because I had a pink stain on my finger all day.
Still I love the consistency of the Pout Paints and it is definitely value for money. Mixing the different shades are a great addition to my make-up condition.


I then picked up an Andrea Fulerton nail pen. It has both a pen and also a thin brush. Pretty self explanatory... I haven't had a chance to test this out yet but I am sure it will not fail me.


The last item I chose was Biore Pore Unclogging scrub - it was half price and I had wanted to try it a few weeks ago but wasn't sold on buying it for £5. It was £2.03 and I am so glad I did pick it up. It is a refreshing scrub and it does minimise pores. Usually I am sceptical about products being pore minimising, but this does work. It is a refreshing scrub that left my skin looking radiant and healthy. With a mix of a Wild Tumeric scrub, my skin has been phenomenal this week!


So to sum up this was my quick Superdrug haul and boy was that a good £25 well spent!


XO

2 comments:

  1. hi hun, thanks so much for your comment! i like your idea of setting money aside each month! and that would be perfect for me if i didn't get paid weekly haha! i work pretty close to my shopping centre and i normally have to walk into town to get lunch so i've been avoiding it as much as i can! keep teasing myself! im actually enjoying the blush challenge! it's opened my eyes to the stuff i actually have and the kind of blush i'd like in the future hehe!
    how have you found the sleek pout paints? i need those in my life!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is willpower!!!
    Omg the Pout Paints have been used everyday since I bought them last week. Usually my lipgloss/ stains/ lipstick never last more than half an hour because I end up eating it off lol, but these lasted ages! I'm so impressed with them and people have noticed them everyday which is ah-mazing.
    I shouldn't be entycing you into buying them haha! When you're back to buying, I would defo pick up a few shades. They will last forever aswell so I think it's a good value for money :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete