Tuesday 6 September 2011

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator


I have been using the Estée Lauder Idealist Even Skin Illuminator since the beginning of July and paying almost £50 for this skincare, to say the least I was expecting some sort of miracle. But I don't feel that it has delivered *sad face* I was fortunate to buy the product in the Debenhams duty free sale.

So why did I even choose to buy the product? (Well the sales representative was pretty convincing after gave her the Spanish Inquisition on the product). Estée Lauder say that the serum is 'the first fast-acting Serum to significantly reduce the look of uneven skintone' including blotchiness, blemish marks, dark spots and discolourations. I tick all of these boxes so I was expected that there would be a difference in my skin tone.

How does it work? The serum is oil free and has two types of technology that target key elements of uneven skintone. Firstly, the Triple-Optic Technology will assist with making the skin more luminous and brighter. Additionally, the CorrectTone Technology assists to reduce the appearance of uneven skintone.

The Sales Representative was adament that my skin would instantly look fresh and radiant and the dark spots would appear to be reduced within two weeks. It is recommended that you use the serum after you tone and before you moisturise, and this is to be done both in the morning and night.

Reading other reviews there has been a 75:25 ratio on whether it has worked for people. Now for me, I feel it has not reduced my scarring or dark spots and I do not see the instant radiance. I have also noticed that I have an increased amount of break outs. So I have decided to give it a month's break and see if there is another factor affecting my skin.

The illuminator serum has worked for most and I wish that Estée Lauder would allow you to buy a smaller version so that you could test it before you commit to paying a hefty sum. I am still willing to give the serum the benefit of the doubt, so I report back once I have had a break from the serum.

Price: £46 for a 30ml bottle and £62 for the 50ml bottle.



2 comments:

  1. The sales assistant tried to sell me this and although I loved the concept, I couldn't justify spending that much money on it! I'm glad I didn't get it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have had a better luck with my superdrug vitamin e oil and that was under 2 quid lol!x

    ReplyDelete